Thursday 19 February 2009

Juneau Livin

So I am back and has been a LONG time since I have blogged, too long really, and I must purge and update.

I am working for the Department of Revenue in the PFD division. For those of you who don't know, residents of Alaska get money from the oil funds, and I am in the phone center answering any questions people may. This includes questions about the statues and regulations written in 84 pages of technical writing. I have good and bad days. People get rude when money is involved. Work is good today and I love the steady paycheck and regular hours. So that is pretty much what I have been doing 40 hours a week since I got back into town. That, and a lot of socializing.

For the first two weeks I stayed with my sister, which was fun, but cramped. I moved into an amazing place on 5th Street with my excellent friend Claire, her boyfriend, Dave, and a friend of Dave's from California, April and we are all getting along famously. I really love their company and our chemistry as roommates and it doesn't hurt that the place is f-ing gorgeous.

I got a gym membership and have been going a few times a week, I love all the classes, but have not been successful in loosing any of the weight I gained on my trip. However, someone still thinks I'm sexy and that someone's name is Aaron. I have a new sweety who I am surprisingly crazy about. It's fun. Really fun.

And Juneau is beautiful and full of good people and fun times and it seems like I know all of those good people and get to have all those fun times. Lucky me. Life is good.

1 comment:

allison said...

so glad you are blogging again! perhaps an "aaron blog" is in order. you know i love love stories! except that i will kill him if he messes with you. see you in like a few weeks!